6 Quick Tips For Avoiding Holiday Weight Gain
Does just the thought of the holidays make you feel full? You're not alone. From Halloween to New Year's Day, fattening food seems to be everywhere.
You might be surprised to know that you can go to all the parties and partake in all the traditions without gaining weight. You just need a game plan. Here are six easy tips to help you control the holiday bulge.
1. Eat vegetables with every meal. The extra fiber helps you stay full and you may be less tempted to overeat sweets.
2. Shift your focus away from food. The holiday season is a time for family, friends and goodwill toward mankind. It's not about stuffing your face every chance you get.
3. Plan ahead. Know when a special high-calorie food is in store for you, and account for it when you're putting together the rest of your day's food plan.
4. Alternate a glass of water with each alcoholic beverage. You'll cut back on both calories and alcohol intake, plus, you'll be more aware and make smarter food choices if you're careful not to drink too much holiday cheer.
5. Try to get in a few workouts each week, even if you're traveling. You don't have to work out for hours at a time, but do something besides sit around all day!
6. Avoid second servings. Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to eat it.