Coconut Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- Excellent for leftovers or freezing
Reasons To Love
- Vitamins, minerals and lauric acid in coconut milk have heart-protecting powers
- Butternut squash contains more vitamin A than pumpkin does
- Vitamin A protects the eyes, keeps skin soft and fights against certain cancers
- 5 grams
- 4 grams
- 12 grams
- 23 grams
- 0 milligrams
- Saturated Fat:
- 9 grams
- 5 grams
- 651 milligrams
What You NeedClear All
How To Make It
- 01 Place oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 02 Place the butternut squash halves, cut side up, on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil. Rub 1 teaspoon of oil on the squash and season the squash with black pepper and salt, if desired.
- 03 Roast the squash in the oven until fork tender, 50 to 55 minutes.
- 04 Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- 05 Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh and set aside in a large bowl. (There should be about 2 cups.)
- 06 Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 07 Add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic and curry powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent and the carrots are fork tender, about 5 minutes.
- 08 Add the squash, coconut milk and chicken broth to the saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 to 7 minutes.
- 09 Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender or food processor until it's smooth and silky.
- 10 Serve warm and garnish with a little chopped parsley.