The right running shoe can be it a match made in heaven. Like Thelma and Louise, without the tragic ending. Like Bonnie and Clyde, without the robberies. So check out these tips compiled from New Balance New York and the University of Michigan Health System on buying the perfect pair for you!
Tips for Buying Running Shoes
• Go to a specialty store. They'll have you run on a treadmill to find the right shoe for you, so dress appropriately.
• Your running shoes should be comfortable immediately. A breaking in period isn’t necessary.
• Buy running shoes in the afternoon or evening, as feet tend to swell throughout the day and will be similar to the size of your feet post-workout.
• Replace your running shoes every six to eight months or 500 to 600 miles.
• Running shoes may run small. Consider going up a half or even a full size.
•If your toenails turn black, you’re wearing the wrong size.
What's your perfect pair of running shoes?
Hailed as a favorite website by Bob Harper, Jillian Michaels and Time magazine, FitBottomedGirls.com is a one-stop shop for fitness fun and motivation. From workout DVD reviews to blog posts to playlists, Fit Bottomed Girls has been helping women of all shapes and sizes find the fun in a healthy lifestyle and realize it's not about dieting or deprivation. Since the site's launch in 2008, Fit Bottomed Girls has also added FitBottomedMamas.com and FitBottomedEats.com, bringing a similar sassy approach to parenting and cooking. In January 2014, FBG will release its first branded book, The Fit Bottomed Girls' Anti-Diet, published by Random House.